Sunday, November 29, 2009

The search for the bridal dress

In actuality, there may be more than one dress – but let’s start with one. I will freely admit that I am not the mostup-to-speed on Indian weddings. Frankly, I haven’t been to that many and so I’m not really sure about a lot of protocols. One thing I have discovered in talking to friends and looking at photographer blogs is that it seems like most Indian American brides wear one outfit for the ceremony and then change into a completely different outfit for the reception. I’m totally down for two different outfits!


There are a couple of reasons why this works on a practical level. My ceremony is probably going to be fairly conservative and therefore I want to be covered up to be more respectful. On the other hand, for the reception I expect to be bee-bopping around and, of course, dancing(!) so I want something more fun and easy to move around in. I’m pretty sure I want a lehenga for the reception and for the ceremony either a lehenga or a sari. As a sari novice, I don’t think I could boogie down in it – I would constantly be stiff and worrying about it unraveling.


Here are some pretty options I found.








No comments:

Post a Comment