Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My new mantra: It's all about lighting

I never would have thought about it before I got into the nitty gritty of wedding planning. Lighting can really have a huge impact on reception decor by transforming the space and creating a special mood. The best thing is that it can help you save money on flowers, linens and other details because it can mask the things you want to downplay. A good tip I've heard again and again is to focus on complexion-flattering light such as pink, lavender and amber and steer away from greens and blues which can affect pictures. Our venue offers a lighting package though I am wondering if it's enough to fill the space with the soft warm glow I am hoping for. As you can see the options range from enhanced natural light to striking dramatic ambiance.


Source: The Knot


Source: The Knot

Credit: Augie Chang photography

No comments:

Post a Comment