Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time for the Save the Date

Now that it looks like I'm honing in on my color palette, I can start thinking about the next big task at hand - the Save the Date card. At first I was thinking of just doing it electronically to save money and paper. But the fiance wisely talked me out of this. It will be nice to have something tangible in hand to kick off the invitation process and communication to our friends and family. We are lucky to have a graphic designer friend design our invitations. Here are some wedding invitation ideas that caught my eye recently and that will work nicely with the color palette in play.

The first image is big, bold and graphic. I like how the date is the focal point, especially because I think we have a fun wedding date (7.3.10).

This next idea is for a save the date postcard. The postcard idea has merit because it avoids needing an envelope.


The next set of images are inspirations for the overall invitation suite. Ideally, I would love for the Save the Date to tease what is to come.


Beautiful, elegant, and artistic
(This site is a must-see - so many fantastically chic palettes and designs)
Source: EastSix

Beautiful, artistic, luscious graphics in line with my palette

Bold, crisp, modern and classy

Simple, clean, and high impact

No comments:

Post a Comment