Sunday, December 6, 2009

Engagement gifts lead to yummy delights

We were fortunate to get a Macy's gift card as an engagement gift. I really haven't given much thought to the registry yet. But as of late, the fiance and I have been on a foodie kick. Well, probably more me, but he's along for the ride. I'm pretty much addicted to the Food Network (Barefoot Contessa and Tyler's Ultimate are my current favorites). Needless to say, we had a field day getting a few fun gadgets for the kitchen, including a two-sided grill pan, a silicone basting brush, immersion blender, and cake pan.

The latter two resulted in this yummy Raspberry Buttermilk Cake (baked at 1:00 am last night). It seemed only fitting to get a cake stand. We found this simple little glass number at Target for $10. And get this - the cloche (aka dome) that comes with it can be turned upside down to make a punch bowl! Two for one, love it.


1 comment:

  1. Funny story... Yummy Delights was my stripper name at band camp.

    ReplyDelete