Friday, December 4, 2009

Tips on Entertaining from a Fashion Designer

My previous post included a beautiful table setting featured in Town & Country Magazine that was designed by Naeem Khan, who is a fashion designer to celebs like Beyonce and Eva Longoria. I found this wonderful little article on WSJ.com that has some great tips from him. Here are my favorites:

o Keep it simple... use color but don't go crazy with colors (it's so easy to go crazy with colors!)

o Line up a row of white candles in varying heights along the center of the table (hmmm, more impactful on long tables but probably a decent idea for round tables too)

o Use herbs to decorate... wrap a rosemary twig around a napkin (so simple and rustic)

o Serve your guests a special cocktail as soon as they walk through the door (I am all over the "signature cocktail" idea, now if I can only decide what it will be...)


2 comments:

  1. Can gravy be a signature cocktail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this article by Naeem Khan a little while back! How funny. He had some good pointers. Totally thought of you!

    ReplyDelete