Sunday, December 6, 2009

Platinum Weddings on WEtv features a decadent Socal Indian wedding

My Tivo is now filled with an array of wedding shows, much to my delight (and to the fiance's chagrin). I stumbled upon Platinum Weddings recently which is a show on WEtv. A recent episode featured a lavish - and I mean lavish - Indian wedding. It's a hotel wedding overlooking the beach in Santa Monica and let me tell you, no expense was spared. The show tells you what each major item costs so you can see and be astounded. The total budget was (gulp) $425,000! Makes me feel less guilty about my budget.

The style isn't quite what we are going for because our wedding will be at a winery (think rustic elegance), but I took special note of a few unique touches. One of the bride's outfits featured a unique peacock design on the back and on the bottom of the lehenga. The turquoise blue color scheme makes a huge impact. The mandap was made out of acrylic and was filled with flowers and had crystals. Check out more pics here.



1 comment: