Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Lush Look with Flowers

In my slightly obsessive search for all things amazing for my wedding, I frequently find myself dawdling on flowers. What gal doesn't love flowers?! And I've been gravitating towards low centerpieces that showcase big blooming flowers in a streamlined palette. Being that it's an Indian wedding and all, I pretty much know that I've got to have some vibrant colors going to keep with the theme. But I love the notion of sticking to a simple bright palette to make a strong statement. It dawned on me that Indian weddings, in a way, sort of decorate themselves because all of the "aunties" wear such bold and colorful prints in their sari's. So it could easily get muddled by going crazy with all different flowers in too many colors. Sticking to one color family also seems to make it easier to achieve a full, lush look. At the risk of using a ridiculously overused word in the world of wedding blogs, I think these are just super CHIC while still being colorful and vibrant.

Source: Town & Country Magazine, October 2009






No comments:

Post a Comment